quarta-feira, 11 de abril de 2007

A City By Light Divided





Smeared black ink... your palms are sweaty
And i'm barely listening to last demands
I'm staring at the asphalt wondering what's buried underneath where i am

I'll wear my badge... a vinyl sticker with bigh block letters adherent to my chest
That tells your new friends i am a visitory here...
I am not permanent
And the only thing keeping me dry is where i am

You seem so out of context in this gaudy apartment complex
A stranger with yor door key explaining that i am just visiting
And i am finally seeing why i was the one worth leaving

D.C. sleeps alone tonight

You seem so so out of context in this gaudy apartment complex
A stranger with your door key explaining that i am just visiting
And i am finally seing why i was the one worth leaving
The district sleeps alone tonight after the bars turn out their lights
And send the autos swerving into the loneliest evening
And i am finally seeing why i was the one worth leaving

- The District Sleeps Alone Tonight


Cocktails: Não sei porque voltaste, pensava que já tinhas dito tudo o que tinhas a dizer mas, a 19 de Março mostraste que apoós tudo o que passámos ainda tens o peso das tuas palavras na tua cabeça, espero que a minha lingua não esteja presa o suficiente para voltar atrás, estou nesta estrada esta noite, e apenas desejo que despareças, porque a tua paragem foi lá atrás....


Dreams: E no entanto nos meus sonhos, aidna te vejo, ainda me visitas, e eu ainda acredito que posos voltar atrás, quero tentar de novo a nossa amziade, tenho saudades do teu sorriso, e no entanto será isto nada mais que o sonho que me prende de noite, ou será que é um presságio que a nossa história ainda não acabou...

"My mind is clear, my heart's alive
I've been through this before and I know that I'll survive
I don't need your eyes, I've got the city lights
Electric lifeblood flowing through these concrete veins
And I don't need your truths
I've got one of my own..."

- City Lights

Nenhum comentário: